- Municipal Code
- City Hall
- City Services
- For Business
- I Want To ....
- About Us
Aurora City Council
Aurora uses a “Strong Mayor” system, which means the Mayor is a voting member of the City Council. The Mayors position is a two year term that is voted on at each biennial General Election. Councilor positions are a four year term and are also voted on at each biennial General Election. They are all elected from the City at large.
All Council and Board positions are on a volunteer bases and we always want to remember and thank those that serve the community.
The City of Aurora’s mission is to maintain a safe and livable environment for its citizens,
- Foster a strong sense of community
- To keep citizens informed
- To be respectful of and listen to everyone’s views
- Always keep the best interest of the City in mind
- To be frugal in the use of public resources and funds