Court days for 2015 are 1/7/2015, 3/4/2015, 5/6/2015, 7/1/2015, 9/2/2015 and 11/4/2015 and are held in the Council Chamber of City Hall. Check-in begins at 3:30 p.m. at City Hall, arraignments begin at 4:00 p.m. and trials begin after all arraignments have been heard. Cases are heard on a first come first served basis. Evening court is not currently available. Options other than appearing in court include:
- You may plead not-guilty and request a trial
- You may forfeit bail (and plead no contest)
- You may send a written explanation with the full bail for the judge to review and possibly be eligible for a bail refund.
- You may appear at the Aurora City Hall during our regular business hours to enter a plea or set up payments. However you must appear before the judge for a possible reduction to the base fine.
- You may call the Court and the clerk will instruct you with the procedures you will need to follow.
Please note: If you fail to appear on your scheduled court date and/or fail to pay the fine or make payment arrangements, procedures will be implemented to collect unsatisfied judgments. These include but are not limited to:
- Additional fees accessed
- Suspension of your driver’s license
- Referral of the unpaid amount to a collection agency
Prior to your court date you may request to have your original court date changed to the next available date. Your court date will be changed only one time.
The Aurora Municipal Court is authorized to handle non-criminal offenses which mainly include those traffic infractions which are not classified under Oregon law as traffic crimes. Your first appearance before the court constitutes an arraignment.
An arraignment is a hearing in which the Court advises you of your rights and informs you of the charges against you. The purpose of an arraignment is for you to enter your plea before the Judge and thereby inform the court as to whether you plead not guilty or no contest. For court purposes, the entry of a no contest plea will be treated as not challenging the violation.
The bailiff or clerk will give you preliminary instructions at the time you check in.
- Security: No guns, knives or other weapons are allowed into the court room.
- Child Care: We recommend making alternate child care arrangements if at all possible. No childcare is provided on site.
- Food and beverages: Food and beverages are not allowed in the court area.
- Cell Phones: Cell phones and pagers MUST be turned off or on "vibrate" only. No text messaging permitted
- Dress Code: Shirts, shoes, and appropriate attire are required when appearing in court. Hats are to be removed prior to entering the courtroom.
- Appropriate Court Behavior: All persons are to remain seated and keep quiet while court is in session. Newspapers, magazines, and materials unrelated to court matters may not be read while court is in session.
|Important Links||Contact Us|
|Marion County Sheriff's Office||Municipal Court Staff|
|Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)||503-678-1283|
|Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS)||Monday to Thursday|
|Aurora Municipal Code||9AM to 5PM|